Pablo Picasso said, “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
If your list of priorities doesn’t include getting systems and structures in place for your business to succeed in the new year, it should. Planning and preparation prevent you from missing steps or overlooking important milestones to achieve your goals.
Here are six ways to set your business up for success in 2022.
- Reflection: Look back on the last year and honestly assess what worked and what didn’t work. How can you adapt or eliminate the elements that aren’t working and add in new strategies for this year? What do you need to start? Stop? Do more of? Do less of?
- Clear Goals: Having clearly defined objectives allows you to see where you are headed. Goals also help you define when you are achieving your version of success or need to adjust your approach. When you know where and why you’re going there, you remain motivated to strike and fix any misalignment in your trajectory.
- Competitors: There is no need to compare yourself to others in your field. While you want to understand what they are doing, spend most of your time focused on you. YOU are your biggest competition and the one that will cause you to fail or succeed. If you strive to do and be better, you’re on the right track. You only need to compete with the previous version of yourself.
- Take Action: This area can mean so many things, including asking for help, whether that means hiring marketing assistance, scheduling family time, leaving open time slots to work on your business, or raising your rates. The important piece is that you notice a need and take action to more easily reach your goals. Nothing will change until you take action.
- Challenges: What is getting in your way? 80% of the time the challenges or things holding you back are actually you getting in your own way. To move forward you need to identify those obstacles, own your value, change your self-talk, and continually improve your skills while delivering the results your business offers.
- Assessment: Once you’ve gone through the first five steps, stop and do another overall assessment to determine what is and isn’t working. This will allow you to revisit goals, find out where you need to take action, and how to get out of your own way with perceived challenges.
By implementing these steps, you’re setting yourself up for a successful 2022. If you find you need more help in this area, reach out. Empowered Leadership helps businesses find freedom through business coaching, executive coaching, assessments, and training. Stacie is an entrepreneur who helps business leaders balance their time to run an effective business and enjoy their life.