As we move through the holiday season and round out the year, the business usually quiets down. Having a more open schedule allows you to shift your focus towards preparing your business for the upcoming year. Use these five tips to make the most of your time and start 2022 off on the right foot.
- Celebrate: First and foremost, reflect on the successes and accomplishments you had this year. Acknowledge and celebrate your growth. Recognizing these wins for you, your team, and your business will help maintain momentum.
- Clear Clutter: Go through your email and respond, delete, or address anything you’ve been putting off. Make sure to unsubscribe to any mail list that is no longer of interest. Take the time to organize your desk and workspace. Not only will it help reduce stress, but it can add inspiration to your workday.
- Update: Check your website, socials, and Google searches to ensure they have relevant and up-to-date content for your business. All of those platforms make an impact and impression on current or potential clients, so you want to make sure they portray the right image of you and your business.
- Plan: Write out a business plan for the next year with a flexible strategy to guide you in achieving your goals. Include a list of 5-10 people you’d like to connect with, and reach out to get them on the books for a meeting in January (calendars likely haven’t started to fill up yet).
- Invest: Use this as an opportunity to work on personal development with a class, course, seminar, podcast, or book you’ve had on your list for a while. In addition, consider your workload. If you have been putting too much off or feeling overwhelmed by your tasks, perhaps it’s time to hire an expert or business coach to help you move to the next level of success.
Each step will move you closer to being better prepared to start the new year strong. Empowered Leadership helps businesses find freedom through business coaching, executive coaching, assessments, and training.